Dewey's 24-Hour Read-A-Thon is a bi-annual readathon, hosted at 24hourreadathon.com, where readers and bloggers get together and read for 24 hours, sharing their experience with others.
Well, guys, how did everyone do? I failed, miserably. I think this was my worst readathon! But I'll be back! I have to make sure this doesn't happen again!
Here are my answers to the End of Event Meme:
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
Hour 16. That's when I was falling asleep while reading, and decided to go ahead and take a nap in hour 17. But that was a mistake. I should have had some tea and tried to stay up a little longer! Instead, I woke back up right at the start of hour 18, and then went right back to sleep. When I woke up again, readathon was over! :(
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
I think the shorter the book, or the quicker the read, the better for readathon. You'll feel more accomplished when you get that first book read and move on to the next. At least, that was my theory this time, and it didn't quite work out for me, seeing as I didn't even finish one book! :(
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Nope! I think it's great the way it is!
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
Everything! Except for my participation, that is. I just really failed at readathon this time!
5. How many books did you read?
I didn't finish any. :(
6. What were the names of the books you read?
The Battle for WondLa by Tony DiTerlizzi. A great book, but unfortunately I only got through page 175. I'm hanging my head in shame...
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
Well, that would be The Battle for WondLa, since that was the only one I read. But I love that series, so even if I read a few other books during readathon, it probably would have still been my favorite.
8. Which did you enjoy least?
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I was not a cheerleader this year, but I hope to be able to do it sometime!
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I'll be participating each time, as long as I can. With another baby on the way, I don't know if I'll be able to participate in the one next April, but maybe I'll be able to be back for the October one next year! I'll always be a reader, but one day I'd like to be a cheerleader, and also host a mini challenge.
Thanks again to all the organizers and volunteers! You guys rock! And great job to all the readers! I may have failed this year, but I'm still glad I participated. It was still lots of fun!